3.13.2011

Nothing in Particular

Daylight savings time has rocked my world in half, or more specifically, my sleeping schedule.

Hubz and I went to IKEA Saturday.  Even though there is nothing ever really "new new" there I always seem to get stuck in there for at least 2 hours.  It's worse than Walmart.  We came out with a new computer desk with fancy cube storage, some bamboo, a new carpet runner, and a picture frame.  Hubz wanted a multi-picture frame so we could get more pictures of us on the wall.  He's cute...sometimes. ;)

Today, Tatem (my older dog-pog, whom I like to call Tater-tot) was all about throwing up on the carpet. The gross thing about dogs, is that some of them, like both of mine, try to eat it immediately after.  Gross.  We also went to the store, where Hubs brought some yellow cake mix to the cart...

Hubz: "I'm getting cake mix so I can practice making you a birthday cake."

Me:  "Oh yea?  So you're just getting cake.  No icing?"

Hubz: "Oh..haha.  Guess that's important."

Me:  "And you're going with yellow huh?"

Hubz: "Yep."   (pause)  "...What kind of cake do you like again?"

A for effort.

I also found some baby pictures of mine while I was cleaning today, so I handed them to him and said, "These are what your children won't look like!  Just a reminder!"  This is a running joke I have, because he is half Korean, and I am clear white and pastey-town.  So naturally, our kids will look nothing like me, and everywhere I go with them people will assume I have adopted 16 asian children.  16 is also a running joke.  I'll be happy with one at this point, but no way will a mini football team come busting through the victory sign where the tunnel meets the light.  No sir.

1 comment:

  1. How cute of him to "practice" making you a cake. I can see my DH doing that and then saying he "needed to taste test all of it." LOL I love ikea as well, one of my favorite stores!

    ReplyDelete