3.01.2011

Sleep, Come back, Please?

Dear Sleep:  Baby, we can work it out.  Give me one more chance!

This insomnia is definitely going to throw off my sleeping schedule.  The nausea when I lay on my stomach isn't helping either.  Wednesday isn't off to a great start.

Taxes actually went really well.  It turns out we are getting green back from both federal and state! I was shocked.  I'm glad we went and had them done, rather than relying on Turbotax which came up with horrible figures.  It was also pretty bombastic that they were done for free.  The military has its perks sometimes.

Speaking of--the base my DH is assigned to is officially an undeployable base.  This made me so happy I could have pee'd myself right there in Chili's, but I had enough restraint not to.  However, DH didn't seem to pleased.  This is something I didn't understand, because he didn't want to be deployed, but he was upset?  Boy brains are ridiculous. 

I saw the commercial for "Coming Home" while I was watching another self-torture show "One Born Every Minute."

"Coming Home" = Military family members coming home....Are you kidding me Lifetime?  The commercial almost had me in tears.  It is produced by the same people as "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" if that gives you any indication of what Sobfest 2011 entails.

"One Born Every Minute" = Women giving birth.  This show fills me with three main feelings:  longing,  jealousy, and fear.  One woman tonight was screaming bloody murder because the baby wouldn't come out while she was pushing.  I cringed the entire time.  C-section is looking pretty good!

Okay body, I updated my blog.  Can we do that thing with the sheep now?

2 comments:

  1. Insomnia sucks! Unisom seems to help me, as well as prevent some nausea the next day. I'm glad your DH isn't going to be deployed, that's great news! I have yet to watch "One Born Every Minute" I have a feeling it will be like "Toddlers and Tiaras" and I'm left making rude comments to the screen=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping it was just a "Haven't seen you in a while, so I thought I'd stop by" instance. I had it really bad when I first moved from home to here, but it worked itself eventually. I'm a chick that loves to sleep for sure! "OBEM" isn't too bad. I've only been able to catch two or three episodes, but I enjoy it much better that T&T (<- UGH). It takes all my rationality not to throw the TV off the balcony when THAT show is on. :) The thing I've found is some of the women are really mean to their nurses while they are in labor. Which is understandable to an extent, but definitely something I'm going to keep on my checklist of things not to do if unnecessary. :)

    ReplyDelete