2.08.2011

Still not used to "Mrs. Fry"

So I had my PCM appointment yesterday, and boy was it quite the experience.  I had to drop my Mr. off at work around 8:30 (my boo-bear is in the field until Sunday/Monday...my bed is cold and lonesome :( ) which was convenient enough considering the MTF where my appointment was was on base where he is.  DC traffic had other plans though, so we were all sorts of late.  For an hour I was driving his car around the base doing all sorts of slave wifey work.  The moral I learned at the doctor's office is that in military land you should never arrive early.  The more on time you are, the quicker they take you back.  I had made a fatal error in judgement by going in 40 minutes early rather than staying in the car reading my book.  My appointment was at 1100, so between 10:20 and 11:30, I recieved the pleasure of watch at least three different groups of people come in, get taken back, come back out, get taken back again, and leave on their merry way.  Though I will say the redeeming light was that once they took me back, they kept me back there and we were done relatively quickly.

Let me start by saying the nurse guy that takes your initial vitals, was creepy. He looked like that guy off of The Lovely Bones, which is probably what creeped me out most.  My blood pressure was also frightening--155/110.  I've never had any issue with my BP, I mean I'm only 23.  They checked it four times though, and ended with giving me a sheet to get it monitored.  I was pleased though, that my PCM was extremely nice---a big win in my book!  She gave me a referral for the fertility clinic too, yes! :)  I can't make the appointment until Friday though, good ol' waiting game.  I'm pretty confident I'll get in quick though, seeing as it only took me 4 days to get into my PCM.  The ball is rolling...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment