3.09.2011

Wasting away again in Infertility-ville..

I have very mixed feelings about the appointment I had at Walter Reed REI today.  I feel happy that I've taken a step towards progress and ultimately happiness, however it also feels like I've stepped in mud and may find it a struggle to get the next foot to go forward.  Let's face it:  infertility is a waiting game and patience never made it to my virtue list. Happy points -1.

Most things happened like I thought they would.  The RE (who I loved, btw [win!]) reordered pretty much all of the blood work I had done last year since it was in fact, done last year.  I figured as much.  She also redid the ultrasound since the papers I had for the last one were in her words "the most usless thing she's ever looked at."  After the u/s (and a surprise pap smear..my favorite kind) she agreed with the PCOS dx.  However, this is where things got...weird.

She told me for the next few months that I needed to lose weight, which I can agree on.  By this time I was so focused on absorbing all of the things she was telling me, something slipped under my radar.  They give new patients a fancy guide to all things infertile and in it is a chart of where you are supposed to be weight wise.  She had circled in that my goal weight for my next appointment in three months should be 191 lbs.  Wait....what?  I was then straining to remember what the scale in the other room had said, and I could have SWORN it said 168.  But because I lacked full-proof know-how, I didn't say anything and let her continue on with explaining the game plan.  I couldn't get off of this though. 191..what?!  I was texting my wifey about this, and suddenly had a vision.  I remember that on my chart the doctor had on her desk, there was a post-it complaining about my once again high blood pressure and below that it said "Obese- 110 kg".  Certainly not the most knowledgable person on conversions, I googled this.  242 lbs!  Everything made MUCH more sense now.  Seriously, I am all of 5 feet 2 inches tall.  I know I'm overweight, sure, but you can't tell the difference between me and 242 lb me?  So looking back at it now I should have said something, and can't help but wonder if I had if that would have changed the "game plan." I'm kind of stuck on what to do with that. :/ (And both my scales confirmed the 160 range...I was not crazy, this time.)

Game plan is as follows:

She wants me to take Provera for 3 months.  Not 3 months straight, but do the 10 pills, period, week break, and then the next ten pills, so on and so forth in order to thin my lining.  Apparently you *can* get pregnant this way.  But do I ovulate or don't I? I haven't the slightest idea, which makes me wonder if this is a waste of time or not.  Debating buying an OPK, but I'm not sure if that would be a waste of money or not either.  During which time I'm expected to get to that goal weight (which is done...I guess...haha, check!), go see a nutritionist about said goal weight, get a crap ton of blood work done, and DH has to go have private relations with one Mr. Sterile-Cup.

 I also need to figure out my blood pressure issue and get that under control.  I thought I could get some sympathy today, but nay.  I had to drive in the Washington, DC ghetto for the first time ever.  It was insanity, to say the least.  Safe to say I was stressed to the max.  Therefore BP= 143/113. And then again before I left 155/99.  At home it was 132/90 which was much better, but still a little high.  I've never had issues with this crap, so it's very frustrating.

After the three months, I guess then comes an HSG and starting Clomid.  She didn't say anything about starting Met again, so not entirely too sure about that.  Oh, and the next time I go, I may or may not have that doctor again, because they are on rotation.  Thanks Military.

So as of right now, baby dreams are not happening until 2012 apparently.  Unexcited.

No comments:

Post a Comment