5.10.2011

The Wait


Appointment is finally set!  The countdown to June 8th is officially on. :) I'm hoping real things happen at this RE appointment, no "well we'll see you back in 680 months! Kbai!" business.  DH will be going with me, as I made it clear this is not an optional visit.  So in the meanwhile I am making a list of all of the things I want to ask about.  I feel last time I was so overwhelmed by everything my mind drew a complete blank.  Not this time!  I'll have my homework ready--along with the answers to the bonus questions.

Other up-and-coming things:

1. Kitten has her first vet appointment next week. :)  She will not be happy about this. Po' Toki.
2. A very good friend of mine is coming to visit Memorial Day weekend! Tres excited about this! :)  Need me some girl time, fo'sho.
3. In July my wifey-poo will be coming up and we will be going to see Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj in concert! AHH! I'm so excited!

Other than that, not much to blog about. DH is having trouble with his PT test---ie he's failed every one of them. :(  I'm really worried he will get kicked out of the army for this.  (This does happen.)  The only thing he fails is the run.  He had shin splints last September, and since then he has a lot of trouble with his legs.  What I don't think is fair though, is that it is supposed to be a 2 mile run, and in reality the course they run is 2.2 miles and mainly uphill.  But still, my mind always goes to the worst.  Say he fails and gets the boot...then we'd have to move back to WV, and be at square none with the baby situation.  It is upsetting, to say the least.  So per wifely duties, I asked if he ever just runs the course to run it, and he said no.  So I'm dragging his bum to post Saturday so we can run it (and by we I mean, he'll run it, and I'll run 20 feet before I pass out.)  It's all I can think of to help. So we'll see.

How about one more lol pic? Yes please.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! My husband had Shinsplints last Fall Too!!! He ended up having to miss the PRT run and had to go to rehab for them. Then he missed this last PRT in March cause we were in the middle of a PCS. However, he rolled his ankle really bad before that so it wouldn't have mattered anyway cause he couldn't walk on that leg... *sigh* but in a recent issue of Navy Times, they said they are taking out the run for the PRT... hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...me and you were meant to be! He fractured his, then was on profile, but they never got better, so was still on profile. So now he just takes ibuprofen every day and he won't go see the doctor anymore (boys..ugh). I hope they do take it out, and for the Army too. He's maxed out on sit ups and push ups. He had one of the highest scores, but didn't pass because of the run. :( I'm really worried about it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LOL pics, they always make my day! Luckily the 8th is less than a month away! I hope your hubby passes the PT soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete